You can say want you want about Gollum’s looks, but he looked after that ring of his. So lets follow his lead and take good care of our lovely jewellery.
If you’d like to keep everything lovely and sparkly I’d suggest you follow the points below. Don’t worry though – If your jewellery is tarnished and you don’t have time to clean it up or you feel it needs a professional polish just get in touch!
- Do not bath, shower, use cleaning products or wash up when wearing your jewellery.
- Store your jewellery in a dry place. Preferably in a jewellery box. (The box your Jenny Grace Jewellery came in is perfect for this. The little black tab you will find in the bottom is an anti tarnish tab). The bathroom shelf is the worst place to store jewellery as the jewellery will be exposed to air and steam.
- It is recommended to remove jewellery before going to bed or when taking part in any physical activity.
- Jewellery should not be exposed to chlorine or salt water as this makes the surface matt and dull.
- Avoid contact with make-up, creams and perfumes..
- Gold plated jewellery may need re-plating every few years, depending on how it is cared for. It can be re-plated though so as always, just get in touch if you require this.
- When pearls have been worn, give them a quick wipe to remove any grease and prolong the life of the silk.
So there you have it. No need to throw any of your jewels into burning mountains to keep them fresh (ok I admit – it’s been a while since I saw that movie). And do feel free to contact me with any care queries you might have – firstname.lastname@example.org